Brinsworth Manor Junior School

Pupil Premium

The pupil premium is additional funding for publicly funded schools in England to raise the attainment of disadvantaged pupils of all abilities and to close the gaps between them and their peers. Click on the links below to find out further information. 
Showing 1-3 of 3
​Pupil Premium - Free school meals eligibility
Did you know you can claim free school meals for a child who lives with you and who you are responsible for.
Your claim will be automatically processed if you receive Housing Benefit or Council Tax Support and get any of the qualifying benefits.
Your child is eligible for Free School Meals if you get one or more of the following benefits:

  • Universal Credit 
  • Income Support
  • Income based Jobseekers Allowance
  • Income related Employment Support Allowance
  • Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
  • The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
  • Child Tax Credit as long as you have a yearly household income of less than £16,190 (as assessed by HM Revenue and Customs) and do not get Working Tax Credit
  • Working Tax Credit run- on (paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)

You can apply for free school meals if you think you might be entitled, because your school gets up to £1,320 additional funding (Pupil Premium) to support your child’s education and can help to buy new equipment and resources. This money is only paid if you apply for free school meals and are confirmed to be entitled.
If your claim is successful, the school will be notified that your child can have free school meals.
Change in circumstancesContact us if your circumstances change. For example, if you no longer receive benefits, move house or change school, as this may affect your right to claim.
Government funding also means that children eligible for Free School Meals can be targeted with additional teaching resources.  

No other children or families are aware of Free School Meals Eligibility; it does not appear on the dinner register and is treated as confidential. There are substantial financial and educational benefits for claiming your entitlement.  If you would like further information, please apply online to Rotherham Council or visit Riverside House: